Sunday, April 8, 2012

Bathroom Remodel

This week has been pretty crazy! I took on the task of repainting our bathrooms. I've been wanting to repaint from the moment we moved in (2 1/2 years ago!). Now that we will be renting our condo, I need to make a few improvements before that happens. My sweet dad came down three days this week to help paint. My mom also helped by distracting Jonas while we got some work done. It was my mom's spring break from work and my dad took some time off from his golf volunteering. I'm lucky to have such generous parents to spend their free time working on my house!

Check out the results:

Front bathroom:


Master bathroom:



Can you find James in one of the photos? Lol.

At first, we used the same blue as the accent wall in our bedroom, but it turned out to be A LOT darker than I anticipated when it was on all walls. So we got a shade lighter of the same blue, and it worked out much better. I still feel a little surprised every time I walk into our bathroom because it's so much brighter. My pictures were all taken on my iPhone and the afters all look so much brighter. 

You always underestimate how long it will take to paint. There was so much prep and taping and cleaning. Every night when Jonas would go down to bed, I'd work on taping, or cleaning until really late. I also touched up a few places in our home. When we painted the kitchen when we moved in, we didn't paint the entire ceiling, so I did that one day also. On top of painting, I got a couple opportunities to make some money from home that I couldn't pass up, so I had to fit those in when I wasn't trying to get the painting finished quickly to get our bathrooms back to normal function (it felt like we were living out of a suitcase for a week). I was so tired I slept in until 10 on Saturday and then took a 3 hour nap later in the day, then took another 2 hour nap today, Sunday. The bathrooms have just one more minor fix, but they are at least livable again. It feels so great to have so many things checked off my TO DO list!

1 comment:

  1. You guys did an awesome job, Wendy! :). I love the colors you chose! I miss your face, too! Lol...hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete