So last night James and I went to Desert Star Theater to see their parody play "American Fork Idol". I won the tickets as a result of a work competition. On Valentine's day we had a Valentine's box contest and my "I'm too sexy" silk boxer shorts box won Most Creative. Anyway, when we got there our seats were right up against the stage. About half way through the play the "host" told us at our table to stop talking and interrupting the show, and then reminded us again. He came down and told us we were getting kicked out and brought me and the girl next to me back stage. Of course we weren't in trouble and had to be part of the show. We then had to scream and chase "Dylan Ayecheewawa" (AKA David Archeletta) off stage. I'm not the thespian by any means, so it was a bit out of my comfort zone. All in all we liked the play, it was funny and the singing was pretty good. It was much better than The Music Man we saw in Provo where the acting, props, singing, etc. were very amateur and not to mention the man next to us had pooped his Depends so you can imagine it wasn't a pleasant experience (James does a great version of Shi-poo-pi about the guy next to us smelling like Shi and poo-pi). So I would recommend Desert Star Theater to anyone wanting a good show and something other than a dinner and movie date. It was cute and not terribly cheesy.
Has anyone seen the King of Queens episode where Doug and Carrie go on a free vacation, they just have to listen to a thing about time shares? Well, James and I are going to earn our free weekend vacation on Saturday. James' coworker did it and referred us. Why not? We've got will power. Plus they give you two or three gift cards. We just have to go listen to their shpeel for an hour or so, and then we get to choose from Vegas, St. George or Park City. If you are cheapskates like us and want to do it too, let me know. Otherwise I'll let you know how it goes.
I do have exciting news that I'm officially going back to school. I'm registered for a class this summer and the rest is still in the application process. I will be taking classes through USU while actually attending class at UVU. They have a program that allows me to get my Master's in Education along with a teaching certificate to become a French teacher. I need to have a teaching job before I'm actually accepted into the program, so that's the hardest part. But hopefully I'll be done in a couple years (turns out I already have five credits!). I've kind of reached a turning point lately. I've realized that I need to live more in the present and not live my life according to the unknown or what I think my future should be (in my opinion and not necessarily what the Lord has in store for me). Now is the best time to make the most of life and acheive my goals, because who knows if it's going to get harder later. It wasn't an easy decision and it will definitely take some sacrifices, but I know once it's done I'll be so glad I did. Other than becoming a mom, this is my passion in life, and I know this will bring me much satisfaction, something that can be lacking from time to time. Moral of the story, it's never too late to be who you want to be.
Thanks for indulging me in my randomness!
What I've Learned in Ten Years Without My Dad
10 years ago

Good luck on going back to school. I've been trying to make the same decision. I guess I should follow your advice. :-)
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I had no idea you were going back to school and I probably get to see you more then your husband does. LOL
ReplyDeleteChad & I tried to sit through one of those timeshare thingys for free luau tickets. It was a DISASTER!! I don't have time to go into details now, but remind me to tell you later... let me know how it goes!
ReplyDeleteHey- how'd that time share thingy go?
ReplyDeleteWendy not a thespian?? Who are you kidding!?! Haha. That's great. Strong work going back to school. I'm sure it will be hard work, but definetly worth it.
ReplyDelete