Thursday, May 14, 2009

Washington DC

Our trip to DC was a blast! Despite a few moments of rain we had beautiful weather for the majority of the time. Some of the places we visited were the Smithsonian's Natural History Museum, American History Museum, Art Museum, and both Air and Space Museums, the Holocaust Museum, and The National Archives. I could have taken so many pictures, but a lot of places didn't allow flash (which makes my pictures terrible) or didn't allow camaras at all. But I have posted all of our pictures on our web album which you can get to from the link on the side bar.
We spent a total of about six days there. It was so great to get away and have no agenda. It was nice to visit family. James' brother and my brother both live there and it was great to see them and their kids. We were also fortunate to visit an old friend of mine from when I lived out there. It was great to reconnect and find out we still have a lot in common.

Since I had already seen most of the sites from when I lived there, it was fun for James to see all the new things. I think this picture was one of the highlights of the trip. He was excited to see the Enola Gay, which he had to explain to me was the plane that dropped the bomb on Hiroshima. I realized that most of the things to see and do in DC were more interesting to James than to me, since he is the one that enjoys history more, but I'm glad he liked the trip.

This is James' nephew that couldn't get enough of James. I think it was so cute. If James was ever on the couch, he'd have to come and sit with him. I miss those kids already. Thanks Joe and Brit for letting us stay with you!



2 comments:

  1. Wow lucky! What a cool city I wish I could go back. How fun to see those pics it reminds me of when I went to visit you out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete