Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Goin' Places

I thought I'd give a quick update on a few things that have gone on since we've gotten back from our trip. The first day I got back to work I got the news I will be transfered to our Orem office. Although I'm way sad to leave all my gals up here, I'm excited to finally be closer to home! It'll cut my commute time from 50 minutes a day to about 10. I'll be able to see James at lunch and save on gas. More stuff will get done around the house because I can come home at lunch, and dinner won't be as late, giving me more time in the evening for other things. I'll start down there in about a week.

In other news, I am training for a half-marathon for work (our boss challenged us to run one in September). We figured if the contestants on Biggest Loser could do it, then we could too. I'm proud to say that Saturday I ran four miles without stopping. I think that is the farthest I've ever ran! I'm getting horrible blisters though, so if anyone has any suggestions how to combat them, it would be much appreciated. The guy at the shoe store said it was most likely my socks, so I did buy some blister guard socks, so we'll see if those work.

7 comments:

  1. Hey babe, that's so awesome that you are training for a half...me too! I'm training for the Bear Lake half in June. Just a tip that I learned about preventing blisters is to buy your running shoes one size larger....good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that the socks can make all the difference as well and definately the one size bigger shoe. I just always try to not run but thats just me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I ran cross country in high school I used this stuff called second skin, I think it is actually for burns, but it gives you like another coat of skin to put on your blisters. It works really well and you can hardly feel the blisters with it on. Good Luck with the half marathon, that is awesome, and totally cool that you are closer to home. Did you guys know we are coming to Orem in a couple of weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy you are working so much closer now that will make life so much more enjoyable. And way to go on training for a half marathon that is awesome, when and where do you go running? I really need to get back exercising is that what you people call it right? Seriously though it would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Wendy. Good luck with getting things done during lunch. When I started working closer to home I had the same ideas...so far it hasn't happend and it's been 2 years! Perhaps you will have better luck. Props for running a half marathon, I think I would pass out after a 10k.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and on a side note I love the Flight of the Conchords video link on your side bar. I have the CD an it makes me laugh every time I hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking of running a 1k. And only if it is a lowercase 'k'.

    ReplyDelete