Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Random Happenings

I should be doing laundry now, but opted to stay at my in-laws while James goes to play basketball. The plan was to watch the new Man vs. Wild with Will Farrell, but turns out it's not on until 11. A few things have been going on so I feel like it's time to write in my public diary, and it's a great way to kill some time.

First of all, the big news is that we put an offer in on a house. Still waiting to hear if they accepted, but I'll keep you all updated. We are looking at some condos in the area. We are really excited to have our own place. If you would have asked me a year ago if we'd be owning a house now I probably would have said unlikely, so I feel very fortunate to be in our situation. We are definitely tired of paying other people's mortgages. The next month or so will probably be pretty stressful until we are actually in and settled, but it will definitely be worth it once it is all said and done.

I've been at the new office for about a week now and love being so close to home. Our hours have also changed so I'm home a lot earlier than what I'm used to. We can accomplish so much more after work now. I especially love seeing James at lunch. Especially when I have a bad day like yesterday and can just come home and be held.

This weekend I had the opportunity to take a 15 year old on a shopping spree for Make A Wish. It was so fun. I just couldn't believe at all the things he was able to get. This kid has a dream room now with a huge tv and all the video gaming he wants. He's a pretty lucky kid.

James is back so I'll finish this. More to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment