Ok, I know this post is REALLY late, considering it has been about 7 weeks since our Vegas Trip. But better late than never!
James and I, being the frugalistas that we are, sat through a time share sales pitch to get a free two night hotel stay. We held strong through the presentation and got our trip! We were finally able to take it in early March. Of course we couldn't choose which days during the week we'd like to take our trip, but we decided to go to southern Utah for the weekend, then spend the next two days in Vegas where we had our free hotel stay.

Here we are at Zion National Park. It was a drizzly day, but pretty none the less.

We did a small hike to the top of that arch, above. After driving through the tunnel, if you just turn off at the end, there is a short trail there that leads you to that ledge. It was a really fun hike, if you can call it that, it was about a half mile walk among red rock formations and cacti, looking over a huge valley in southern Zion.

And, here is the ledge.

Here is Jimmy looking over the side.

On our way to Vegas, we thought we'd take a detour that our road map suggested. If you haven't driven through the Valley of Fire in Neveda, I recommend it. It only took us an hour or so off course, but it was nice to take a scenic drive.



AH! Our hotel room. We were positive it was going to be a hole (since it was free and all), but here is James acting pleasantly surprised at the quality of our room.

While in Vegas, we ate twice at Planet Hollywood (thanks to gift certificates that were included in our package, did I mention we are cheap?), we saw the "V" show, which is a Variety Show with comedians and acrobats, did some shopping, visited the aquarium and walked lots and lots.
We have been pretty busy lately (understatement), but I hope to post more interesting and eventful happenings soon.
I saw the V show there. The juggling guy was hilarious!
ReplyDelete