Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Walk Now for Autism Speaks and Other News

A couple Saturdays ago my family participated in a "Walk" for Autism. It was cold and a little drizzly, but we had fun teaming up for a common cause. We made our fundraising goal so I got a T-shirt! We went together to support my brother whose son was recently diagnosed with autism. Since, I have been reading a bunch on Autism and have read about some pretty amazing autistic children and am amazed at how special they really are! I sure do miss that family! You can see more pictures on facebook.

In some other news, Hank is back from his mission! It's fun to have him home!

Also, after about 4 different repairman, they finally gave in and are giving us a new fridge!!! We decided to upgrade and pay a little extra for a more attractive and better fridge. It's coming tomorrow, and I'm so excited. But when something is fixed, another thing breaks... our washer is on the fritz now, go figure! I do plan on making a few other upgrades in the condo this summer, so stay tuned!

So, the rest of the month I have Nora's wedding extravaganza going on! I will be busy doing family things for the wedding (I'm hosting the shower of all showers this weekend), I'm working on another wish for Make-A-Wish (wahoo! I'm hoping he chooses Hawaii, that will be a fun send off party), and I am hoping to line up a few trips in the near and distant future. Hopefully some more exciting posts will be in the near future!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I wish I would have know about the walk. I totally would have loved to walk with ya'll. Can't wait to hear about how the bridal shower went. I'm sure it was a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so sad to be missing all the wedding/mission-return fun!

    ReplyDelete