We had a pretty busy week and weekend! Wednesday was James' birthday and we celebrated by going to Tucano's and he finally got his GPS he's been wanting. Friday we went with some friends camping up Fairview Canyon. This was the first time we had gone camping since we've been married. We've always wanted to go, but never made time. But luckily we invited friends who knew a good spot and got the ball rolling. James finally caught a fish, something he's tried to do his whole life. Don't ask him about Gray's River in Wyoming. We had a great time.
Monday I had the opportunity accompany my recent "Wish Family" up to Salt Lake for lunch. About a month ago I helped grant the wish of a teenage boy who needed an organ transplant to go on a shopping spree. That alone was fun, but Make-A-Wish got a call from a company that wanted to sponsor his wish and meet him and his family. So they sent a limo down to get him and take him up to their building to have lunch with him and give him more gifts. Since I was the link between the family and Make-A-Wish, I got to go along. I had never been in a limo before, so that was pretty fun.
This picture cracks me up, how the limo driver is shoving the balloons in. He wanted to keep all the balloons, luckily, they all fit in the limo and we still had enough room to roam.
Hopefully we are less than two weeks away from closing on our condo. We've been having a lot of people coming over to see our place now to start renting in August, so we hope everything goes well for our loan so we won't be homeless. I've already started packing stuff we don't use often, which is weird, but I'm glad we'll be able to move gradually, instead of having to stuff a trailer with all our things. Hopefully this move shouldn't be too bad!

NICE work James. It's good to catch something in front of your wife so that she will keep allowing you to go on fishing trips. --valdez
ReplyDeleteHappy late B-day James and way fun camping/fishing trip!
ReplyDeleteWhat a neat experience with the make-a-wish foundation! Very cool.
ReplyDelete