Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Our New Home Part 1

Last night we moved most of our stuff in to our new place. Most everything is still in boxes, but I wanted to show a couple of pictures so far of our shanty. I will post more once everything is all set up and decorated (hence Part 1). I won't even begin to tell you how many details we've had to deal with, stuff not being there that should, stuff there that shouldn't be there, stuff not working, etc. It has definitely been tiring, but hopefully after my class is done Friday I can really start to delve into making it ours and having everything functioning!
Last weekend my family came and helped us paint (same day we sold Scooty). With all the help, we were able to paint the living room and kitchen in one day.

Here is a picture of it before (note the big brown box, everything was painted brown!):


And here is the picture of it after we painted:


Here are some more pictures. We will eventually paint all the rooms, or most:

Kitchen: (we painted it a soft yellow, but this is a before picture. I don't have an after yet, also notice no fridge, yeah, we still don't have it, though it was in our contract)

The Master Bath:

The Hallway: (two bedrooms on the left and master straight ahead, bathroom on right)


The reason why I couldn't put more effort into moving and painting (we wanted to paint more and packing was a bit disorganized) the past couple weeks is because I have started school again. Earlier I had written that I was wanting to go back to school. I was going to take a class in June, but it didn't work with my schedule and we weren't sure about how much we needed for our new house, so I postponed it. Luckily, another class opened up that started last week. It is a two week graduate course for four credits, so needless to say, it is intense. I felt this class would open up doors for me in the near future, so I took it, despite the craziness of moving! Luckily I only have three days left of class. I still have to get through the next couple of days, but I definitely feel most of the craziness is over. James has been so good about it and has had to shoulder a lot of the work moving because I've been doing homework. I'm so glad for a supportive husband! A portion of the class is technology and we had to create an image using two seperate images. I was pretty proud of mine, so here it is:


This has been a pretty wild couple weeks, but all good! More to come soon...

2 comments:

  1. Your place is beautiful! I can't wait to come over and see it, and I love your image that is awesome and totally reminds me of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is so neat! Send some more pics please!

    ReplyDelete