Monday, August 10, 2009

Provo River Half Marathon!

WE DID IT! Last Saturday James and I ran the Provo River Half Marathon. We had been training for it for a few months and are proud to say we accomplished it!

We got there bright and early (quarter to 5am) and they bused us up to South Fork. We felt like a herd of cattle. It was also freezing and we had to wait about an hour and a half to start. The sun finally came out and we were able to start. The day before I was feeling pretty crummy but medicated myself and ran it anyway. I took it easy for the first four miles or so, and at about six, I was feeling great. I hit my second wind at about 8 miles and picked up my pace a bit. Then at about nine, my legs were starting to get sore (most of the race was downhill, and I was using muscles I didn't train), and they remained sore until the end. I didn't want to spend any time walking so I pushed through and made it!

Here I am at the finish! Almost there!
And I made it! My goal was to do it in under 2:45, and as you can see, I didn't quite do it, but I also take into consideration that I waited in line to use the bathroom at mile six for about 10 minutes, so I say I did it!
I'm so proud of James, he did amazing! He ran it in 1:55! We guessed he would do it in 2:15, but he blew that out of the water! I'm proud of you babe! Although I was probably on the tail end of people finishing, I accomplished my goal and I feel pretty good about it. I had a cruddy weekend, so I'm glad I did as good as I did despite not feeling well!


3 comments:

  1. You Rock! You guys should feel very proud what an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're both amazing. I totally would have died!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get tired just reading about you guys running that much! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete