Monday, August 31, 2009

Our New Home Part Deux

So as promised, I am posting more pictures of our house now that it is getting settled into. Don't judge too harshly because there is still a lot we want to do (like paint over all the brown and I want to put more pictures up on the walls).

Here is our living room, James is watching TV:
Kitchen (note the birthday cupcake tower, sweet):

Our "office" (not that we really have need of an office, it's basically where all the extra junk goes):

My goal this weekend was to get all the stuff on the walls and looking more like we actually lived here, but it was more of a project than I had expected. Then when I went to take pictures my camera died so I didn't get any pictures of our bedroom, bathroom and extra bedroom. Our bedroom is still pretty bare and our bathroom is usually messy, so I'm not too distraught I couldn't get pictures of those. Once we get our nightstands finished and flat screen on the wall it'll be more presentable.
Yesterday was my birthday and my family came over to celebrate it with me! It was a lot of fun and we even got my mom to play Rock Band! I was glad to spend time with them and be able to entertain at our new place. Thanks to those that brought food (I wasn't going to cook on my birthday, that's absurd). Don't ask me about getting older because I definitely am feeling it this year for some reason. But on the bright side I'm pretty sure I'm in the best shape I've ever been in (ran 11 miles on Saturday in the canyon and was hardly sore or tired afterward!) and am sure lucky to have so many great blessings in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment