Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Salt Lake Half Marathon

So since we ran the Provo River Half Marathon, James was itching to do another one before the summer was over so he signed up for the Salt Lake one this weekend. He wanted to beat his time from the Provo River Half. The first four miles was all uphill and pretty steep from what he says. Me and my parents got there pretty early and just in time to see the first place runner make it across (he did it in 1:12, I'd be happy with myself if I did twice that! pretty amazing). Not too long after here comes James...
And he did it! He beat his time by five minutes!!!
Way to go Jimmy! I'm proud of you!
It was a great day for James. He beat his time in the half marathon and BYU beat Oklahoma.
We aren't done yet though! At least I'm not. I still have three weeks until the big Envision Half Marathon! James won't be running it with me, which is why he ran this one. I'm really trying to work hard to shatter my last time. We'll see though...


No comments:

Post a Comment