Well, it's been awhile since my last post, so I thought I'd give an update on a few things. We've mostly been trying to make improvements on our house lately. We finally had the repairman come to fix our microwave (it didn't work, period). And one of our burners is being funny on our stove, that is still being fixed, but at least it's being worked on. (A word of advice, get an inspection on your home, even if it has a warranty). Lastly, we finally painted the trim and doors in our kitchen, they used to be brown, and against the yellow walls, it wasn't that appealing. So here is a picture of the final product:

Now I'm not known for being very festive, especially when it comes to Halloween. We have done some fun things though this year like participating in a Murder Mystery with our friends and going to other parties. James wanted to carve pumpkins. Some years I get creative and use a template or do something other than a face, but after contemplating forever what to do and with James done with his (finished in two minutes), he suggested I make a girl pumpkin, since his was a boy. I changed my mind mid-through on how I was doing it, and couldn't start over, so I had to improvise, so don't laugh. But here are our creations!

I also attempted to roast pumpkin seeds. That didn't turn out very well, does anyone know the secret?
Your pumpkins reminded me of those tin cans we painted at Enrichment many moons ago as roomies. Yours was the "Simmons Brothers Tribute" to Gene Simmons and Richard Simmons. Still makes me chuckle.
ReplyDeleteI like your girlie pumpkin, they both look so good. Ours usually are very sad looking.
ReplyDeletecute pumpkins I love the boy and girl effect. We need to hang out and you can see Connor crawling! it's been a little crazy with him on the move but you know
ReplyDelete