Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summer so far!

Wow! I have been a total blogging slacker. I've kept up on my other social networking, besides this one! Guess I better catch up!

Not long after my last post I flew to Denver to visit my BFF since kindergarten, Emily! She showed me the sites in Denver and I scored some good finds shopping! It was so nice to take a quick weekend jaunt and catch up with Em! It was just like old times! He he, I love this pic!


Not a ton went on the rest of June. James had his birthday, and I spoiled his present, so I gave it to him a week early. I meant to text my sister about his present, but it got sent to him. Whoops. So I just gave his ipod touch to him that night. He'd probably tell you I got it more for me than him. Which isn't 100% true! :) Then his birthday day ended up being pretty lame because he was crazy busy at work and I didn't have anything to surprise him with. Sorry babe.

Last Friday for Make-A-Wish, we sent off a family to Hawaii. We had a hawaiian send off party that was a lot of fun and very tender as well. Some of my wishes are a lot harder than others. The family is awesome and more than grateful for their son's wish and the opportunity to go to Hawaii together, but this was a tough one considering their circumstances. Most of the wishes I do aren't terminal, but this one was. He's so young and most likely doesn't understand his diagnosis. The hardest part of those ones is seeing the heartache of the parents, especially these ones that are almost exactly James' and my age. I can't wait to hear how their trip went though!

In other news, James took the GMAT last weekend. He'll probably be taking it again sometime soon. That's probably all he'll want me to say about it! We are getting closer to narrowing down a school and a program for him. He'll be good at whatever he decides, we just want him to be happy with the path he chooses. Right now it's between an MBA and Masters in Finance. Any suggestions?

Well, that's about all for now. Life is keeping us very busy. We have some fun future plans, include a cruise just over a month! I'll do better about taking more pictures!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed hearing about the work you do with Make a Wish. Looking forward to hearing more in the future. :) Fun to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice update! I absolutely love the picture of you and Em you are both just gorgeous! Sounds like a fun and busy Summer. We need to hang out soon.

    ReplyDelete