Thursday, January 12, 2012

Spicy

Normally I don't like food very spicy. When I was pregnant, however, I craved spicy food. Really weird, from what I hear, for a pregnant woman to crave spicy food, considering all the food aversions. This was one of my first indications to me that I was carrying a boy, a mini-James if you will. James loves his spicy food. 

Well, the other day at Costco, they had a sample of some pretty spicy chili. I thought it would be funny to give Jonas a little taste. To my surprise, he loved it and wanted more, and pretty much finished it for me. Today I went out to lunch with James' step-mom, Valerie, to a Mexican restaurant. She wanted to see how he'd react to the salsa. Again, he loved it! He ate half of the bowl we had for our chips. We both shared our black beans with him, but he preferred them with salsa. What 9 month old loves spicy Mexican food? Yup, James' kid.

2 comments:

  1. Piper doesn't do this anymore, but when she was like 1 or 2 she loved trying new, different kinds of food just like her dad. Chad could get her to eat all kinds of ethnic food. Sadly, now that she's older her tastes have gotten more picky.
    Chad says that he and James will have to go out for some spicy food next time we are in town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny, way to go Jonas! He probably can handle spicy food better than I can lol. I thought for a minute this was a way of announcing something...that you were craving spicy food again! ;)

    ReplyDelete